Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Stuff

So it's been a few weeks since I've written anything. I hate when life gets in the way like that, well life and my youngest son's Minecraft addiction. I can't even get anywhere near the computer during his waking hours and God forbid I be allowed to use his laptop. I might see some of his top secret 13 year old plans. Hmmmmm, 13? Probably a good idea NOT to know what he's doing on there. Yikes. Right now I'm sneaking on at work. I know that my boss likes me to actually work while I'm here, but considering lately he keeps giving me crap for stuff that he's doing and I don't call him out on it I think that paying me to blog is the least that he can do. Ha!



First day of grade 12!
First day of grade 8! (Not sure why he looks so short
here....he's taller than me!)

So my half training is winding down right now for Oakville on the 23rd. Of course now I'm at the point where I'm thinking that I didn't train well enough and I'm going to miss my 1:55 goal. I haven't run less than 20km for my LSD's all summer and I've done my tempos and track work, and I've even run the course (which is about 300m long GRRRRRR), but it's hard not to let your mind play tricks on you and cast a negative light on things. I suppose all I can do is go out there and do my best, and then bitch about it when it's over. Oh, and now I'm realizing that my (other) bosses sister who works Sundays with me is going to be away during Scotia on the 14th. I got her permission to take the day off last month but we only have one other girl who can work a Sunday breakfast shift so I know that I'm going to get into a fight with her when I bring it up tonight. Life! Ahhhhh!

I've signed up to train with a trainer at the gym and learn how to use the kettle bells once I finish Scotia next month. I paid for 8 sessions so that should hopefully be more than enough for me to figure things out and get a workout plan that I can remember. I'm planning on looking like Linda Hamilton by the spring so look out. Ok, that's obviously a joke but I really need to build up my legs and I'm not to keen on machines so this is my plan. On a side note, who the hell can afford a trainer full time?! They are expensive!!!

On Sunday I participated in the Ovarian Cancer Walk of Hope with my stepmom who is a survivor. We both raised over $1,200 so I'm proud of us for that. This is such a deadly cancer because there is no prescreening for it and it gets misdiagnosed a lot of the time. I have known of 4 ladies who have had it. My stepmom is the only one who is a survivor. Please take the time to learn the symptoms and remember them always. They may just save your life.
My stepmom made us speed walk this thing. I did a 27km LSD with hills the day before. Nice!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, don't get me started on Minecraft!! I don't know what's it with this game, but my boys were completely addicted to the point where they could have spent 14h a day playing it. That all came to an end last week when the oldest killed the youngest in the game, thus having him lose everything he'd built, so major drama in the house. Result, both computers got their Minecraft installation wiped out and now they are back to playing Happy Aquarium and watching stupid videos on You Tube. I think I can handle that. We have not yet decided if and when they would get Minecraft back, but they will have to wait for a while now that school has started.

    As to trainers, I found mine on Fitorbit and it was a very economical option for me, I pay my coach 75 bucks every 8 weeks and I could not be happier with him. The only problem is that he's on the other side of the continent in Idaho. Oh well, it will give me a good reason to visit, he lives in paradise (Coeur d'Alene).

    Don't worry about not training enough, you have already built a strong base so far and you should not doubt yourself, you are going to do great. Remember how I ran my first marathon with only a 2h longest run. Sometimes you just have to trust yourself and it's all going to work out. Don't forget that you are doing this for FUN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Do they watch the minecraft videos on You Tube? It's like watching paint dry but my youngest could watch them all day. Good for you guys getting tough like that! Have you ever seen those videos of the two brothers where the younger one sets the older one up for freak outs on video games? That's what your story reminded me of. LMAO And thanks for the tip on Fitorbit. My hubby is currently looking for a PT that doesn't cost $1,000,000. I've passed on the info to him.

      Delete
    2. Oh yes!! Minecraft and COD/MW2/MW3. I don't get it. I haven't seen those videos with the brothers, but I wouldn't be surprised if something like this was involved in how things went down. I still don't know how the events unfolded, but anyway, they are done. :-D
      My coach and I took it outside of Fitorbit after a while, but it's a great way to start and find someone that you like. It's just that the interface is a bit limiting, so you better find other ways of communicating. They have celebrity coaches and all... all for the same price. Actually, if he's really looking to give this a try, I should refer him, he gets a better price and I don't use it anymore, so it's not like I'm getting perks or something.

      Delete
  2. My kids are only 9/7/3, and they are already addicted to minecraft. They learned about it from their older cousins. But I figure that there are much more mind-numbing games they could be addicted to. Right?!

    Good luck on the 1:55! I feel like no matter how a race goes, I always have something to complain about afterwards.:) That's the fun of running. Once you reach a goal, you just keep pushing for more and more. It's a never ending cycle of if only I could shave off one more minute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll do great in the 1/2 you are totally ready for that! Awesome about your step mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're going to rock the half! Can't wait to read all about it.

    ReplyDelete