Saturday, January 7, 2012

Final Week of HBBC

So this was the last week of the Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge held by Amanda at Run To The Finish. I am so glad that I took part in this challenge if for no other reason than it has gotten me eating better. I never really paid much attention to how many fruits & veg I would eat during the day, but this has helped me become more accountable over the weeks and it's something that I plan on keeping up. Big thanks to Amanda. Yay!

Saturday 5K run (3)
Sunday 5K run - resolution run double points (6)
Monday 3K walk 7 f&v (3)
Tuesday 5k run 7 f&v (4)
Wednesday 3K walk, 30 min bike 7 f&v (5)
Thursday 5K run 3K walk 7 f&v (6)
Friday 1 mile run on treadmill at gym, 60 min spin class, 4K walk 7 f&v  (10.5)

Weekly total 37.5

Challenge total 159.5 Yeah!


Another challenge that I've come across is the 'New to You' Cross Training Challenge held by Just Trying is For Little Girls. In this challenge you have to complete 12 new cross training experiences. I crossed the first one off my list on Friday morning. After a pretty slow night at work on Thursday I set my alarm and headed over to a 6am spin class with my sister and her friend. While it's 36 hours later and I can still feel the impression of the bike seat on my backside, I really enjoyed it. Sissy and her friend weren't impressed with the instructor or the music, so I'm curious to go back just to see how much better it can be! There is a new gym opening up around the corner from my house in the spring so I'm thinking of jumping ship from my bare bones gym when it opens. I've checked out the chains website and they have some pretty cool looking classes that I'd like to try out!


Lastly, I mentioned in my new years post that I need to get my nutrition together. Well, I'm happy to report that I've made a new friend who has helped me out with advice and online calculators so I'm properly tracking what I eat every day to make sure that I am getting the right amount of calories, protein & carbs. It's only been a few days but so far I'm feeling good and doing better. Big thanks goes out to Fancy Nancy at Living the Dream who helped me out tremendously with tips and patiently answered all of my newb questions. I also tried out the Green Monster Smoothie today and she's right. You can't taste the spinach at all!


2 comments:

  1. Yeah for spin class! And at 6am, so impressive. If you decide to spin some more, I highly suggest some cycling shorts or a cycling skirt (read: padded).

    I'm working on linking everyone up for the challenge right now. Thanks for joining in. Oh, and you look fantastic at 40!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sam ... I'm doing the new 2 you challenge too. I do a couple of spin classes each week -- I don't love them, but I know they are good for me!! Soon your bum will numb to the seat.

    ReplyDelete