11 THINGS ABOUT MYSELF
1) I was born in Chessington Surrey England and moved to Canada when I was 4.
2) I became a Canadian citizen when I was 19 and gave up my British citizenship.
3) I love hockey and I am a Buffalo Sabres fan. It's way cheaper to be a Sabres fan than a Leafs fan and they also get into the playoffs way more. :oP
4) I don't put up with crap and I don't sugar coat much. I think people call that 'being an asshole'. LOL I always stick up for the little guy and what I believe in. I am a bully's bully. :oP
5) I have a schnoodle named Gordie who my husband says I love more than him. Some days that may be true.
6) I like to laugh and try to find the humour in most situations. I'm very sarcastic and have a dry sense of humour. A lot of people don't get it.
7) I'll read anything, but I like corny Highland love novels the best. Put a kilt on the front cover and I'm sold. I try to read these on my kindle so that my family doesn't know because they would tease me.
8) I've never met a dessert that I don't like.
9) I've worked in the restaurant industry for 20+ years. I rarely go out to dinner. It's kind of like the carpenter who has a house that's falling down.
10) I never have more than 3 drinks when I'm out. I like beer but not hangovers.
11) I'm a picky eater. Like, the worst! Don't invite me over for dinner because I'll probably turn my nose up at what you serve. LOL
ANSWERS TO DARLENE'S 11 QUESTIONS
- Running, Biking, Swimming or Other? ..... I like to do all 3 but running is what I like best.
- Dog or Cats? ....... I am a dog person. I don't like cats much at all. They tend to give off that superiority vibe.
- Favorite Racing Distance? ........ Half marathons are my favourite.
- One Goal for 2012 that you have accomplished? ........ My goal race for 2012 was the Midsummer Night's Run 30k which I completed in August.
- Favorite Ice Cream Flavor?........ Being lactose intolerant takes ice cream out of my life, but I liked Laura Secords French Crisp the best when I could eat it.
- Favorite Race? ....... To date it is the Mississauga Half Marathon. It was my very first half and I have nothing but good memories from it.
- Marathon: Done It, Someday or Never? ........ In the spring, baby!
- Favorite Book?........ I have no retention of the thousands of books that I have read over the years. Seriously, a week later and it's gone.
- Favorite Movie?........ see above
- If you won the lottery, what would you buy first? I'd probably take a trip to Lulu Lemon and get everything on my wish list. It's pretty big.
- Worst Fear? ....... probably the same as every parent; something happening to my kids.
1) Are you a folder or a crumpler? (This is always a funny conversation in my house. Oddly it comes up often)
2) What is your favourite type of fiction?
3) What is your favourite thing for dinner, either at home or when you go out to eat?
4) Have you ever gone to the bathroom in the bushes on a run?
5) Coffee or tea
6) What month do you wish it was all year round?
7) Do you dress up at Halloween?
8) Do you cross train?
9) Do you still live in the same city as where you were born?
10) What did you want to be when you 'grew up'?
11) What is your fav brand of running gear?
BLOGS THAT I AM NOMINATING FOR A LIEBSTER AWARD
1) I've always been a joiner
2) Yo Mama Runs
3) Perpetually Moving Target
4) Laura - Running, Living, Laughing
5) It's life Max it out
6) Robin's Blog
7) Slow is the New Fast
8) Third Time's a Charm Runner
9) Paul Radcliff
10) Half Marathoner Sarah
11) Anyone else that wants to