Thursday, November 24, 2011

HBBC Week 1

So this was the first week of the Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge, a little motivational contest that gives you points for exercising and eating right. Boy, has it really shown me how crummy I am at getting all of my fruits and veggies every day! Pretty sad for a vegetarian. I'm usually good for 3-4 servings daily, but it's been a real push to get the minimum of 7 that this challenge requires. I only hit the mark two days this week! Yikes! Unfortunately time has not been my friend the past five or six days so I've not done everything that I had planned on, but there's always next week I suppose. Two trips to the gym at 5:30am have helped, but with tomorrow spent travelling to Pittsburgh for a hockey tournament, I don't see any extra points being added in there other than the walk that I'll take with Gordo in the morning. My points for this week so far go:

Saturday walk 3k run 10k (8)
Sunday rest
Monday Run 5k on the treadmill walk 3k 1/2 hr weights and 7 servings of fruits & veggies (7.5)
Tuesday Run 6.5k (intervals in crazy wind!) (4)
Wednesday Run 3.2k on the treadmill (hills) 20 min weights walk 3.5k and 7 servings of fruits & veggies (6)
Thursday rest
Friday 3k walk and hopefully there's time to hit the treadmill at the hotel........nope, no treadmill (2)
Total 27.5

I always say that I need another day in the week, and that it needs to be a day off. Maybe I'll find it next week. :o)

                                                                  My walking partner

2 comments:

  1. I am struggling with the fruits and veggies too!I feel like all I do is search for a fruit or veggie to eat throughout the day! I figure next week should be lots easier b/c I am not on the road for thanksgiving and nobody is making a bunch of food for me to eat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww your walking partner is super cute! :) Hope week 2 is going well!!

    ReplyDelete