Friday, October 14, 2011

My First Post

How exciting! My first post. What will I say? Should I be witty or insightful? Talk about serving or running? My options are wide open. I'm tired from work last night where I kissed countless butts all in an effort to keep my kids fed. Much too tired to roll out of bed and run this morning. This afternoon was rainy and tonight I'm just looking for excuses. Let's just chalk this day up as a loss and plan on working hard tomorrow.

I'm getting excited for next Friday's Trek or Treat Run. Gotta make sure that I keep myself signed up for races to keep that motivation going. As the weather gets crummy I may need all of the motivation that I can get. I only started running in June and I'm super proud of how far I've come. Starting with week one in the Running Room's Learn to Run program I could barely do the walk 2; run 1, now I can run 5k in less than 30 minutes! Last weekend I did my farthest distance yet, 7k, and I could have kept going! I've got 2 races under my belt with 2 more to come before the year is out and I'm already combing the lists for more. To say that I'm addicted to races is an understatement. The feeling of accomplishment that I get when I cross that finish line, or meet my training goal can't be beat and it's what will keep me motivated as the weather turns nasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment